IN THE WILD - Improv - Basics
Time & Location
About the Event
Taught by Nicole Mischler
19-20:30h - Wednesdays
26 May - 16 June
After months of lockdown, we’re itching to get out, be free, meet up, act out. Join us In the Wild, the water is warm, even when the weather isn’t! When you think of it, the wild is the perfect setting for improvisation; both are best when natural, unadulterated and free from being controlled. In the wild, there’s more space for our imaginations to run free, our play to be inspired by our surroundings and our pee to be released in new and interesting places.
Let us introduce you to the ABCs of improvisation! Improv is a fabulous way to get out of your comfort zone and into the here and now. Improv is great for encouraging spontaneity, flexing creativity, working together and having bags of fun. We will be working with improv's core principal Yes-And: listen, accept and support.
This introductory class is perfect for complete beginners, you do not need prior experience in acting, comedy or improv. A 2-hr improvisation class starts with some silly and fun improv warm-up exercises to loosen the body and mind. We move on to skill-based exercises and finish off with improvised games and scenes where we apply the skills we've learned.
In our 4-week course you will:
- retrain your brain to work with the 'inner critic'
- get energized after 2 hours of lively improv exercises and games
- learn how to play improv games with a single word as a suggestion
- surprise yourself when you stop thinking and see what the moment produces
- learn how to be more confident and own your space
- learn to let yourself go and trust the team will get to the funny together
- challenge yourself by trying something new and being a beginner again
We’ve been running outdoor sessions with small groups and it’s been a blast. Exercises and games are chosen so we can continue to be safe and have fun. We’ll keep a max of 8 people to make sure everyone gets a lot of playing time. Feel free to bring a drink and a snack for the after-workshop-hang!
If you’re used to Amsterdam weather, you know the drill, prepare for all types of weather. Our outside locations have covered spots nearby. Rain, sleet or snow won’t stop us, we are all-weather improvisers! Ok, well, if the trams stop running and things start flooding, the end is nigh, we’ll cancel.
Refund policy: If you cannot start this class:
- and you cancel up to one week before the start, you will receive a voucher in the amount you paid. The voucher can be applied to any of our services and is valid for 6 months.
- and you cancel less than one week before the class starts, your booking is non-refundable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of unforeseen circumstances.
easylaughs improv comedy classes in English language and in the Amsterdam great outdoors
- IN THE WILD - Improv - Basics€75BTW included€75BTW includedSold Out