IN THE WILD - Improv - Duos
Time & Location
About the Event
Taught by Nicole Mischler
19-20:30h - Thursdays
10 June - 01 July
Comedy Duos are as old as comedy itself and improvisation is the ideal medium for a two-person dynamic. A two person show is unique to each duo, no two shows or pairs are the same.
In this 4-week course we will work on finding the perfect form for you and your duo-partner. We will focus on scene structure, character and storytelling all with the idea that it will just be you and another player doing all the work. We will focus specifically on how to play multiple characters and create your own ways of moving in and out of scenes.
Duo shows are very rewarding, allowing you to create a special magic with that other player. It also improves your overall improv skills helping you be a stronger, more daring player onstage in any combination of players.
In each 90-minute class we will:
- Practice playing multiple scenes and storylines
- Focus on character development, creating and playing more than one character in a a show.
- Experiment with different formats unique to each duo
- Look at different ways to edit scenes and also how to create new edits
- Find the passion special to each duo to make each duo special and different than the others.
Sign up with your own duo partner or alone and we will practice different combinations throughout the course.
We’ve been running outdoor sessions with small groups and it’s been a blast. Exercises and games are chosen so we can continue to be safe and have fun. We’ll keep a max of 8 people to make sure everyone gets a lot of playing time. Feel free to bring a drink and a snack for the after-workshop-hang!
If you’re used to Amsterdam weather, you know the drill, prepare for all types of weather. Our outside locations have covered spots nearby. Rain, sleet or snow won’t stop us, we are all-weather improvisers! Ok, well, if the trams stop running and things start flooding, the end is nigh, we’ll cancel.
Refund policy: If you cannot start this class:
- and you cancel up to one week before the start, you will receive a voucher in the amount you paid. The voucher can be applied to any of our services and is valid for 6 months.
- and you cancel less than one week before the class starts, your booking is non-refundable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of unforeseen circumstances.
easylaughs improv comedy classes in English language and in the Amsterdam great outdoors
- IN THE WILD-Duos€75BTW included€75BTW included0€0