IN THE WILD - Improv - Scenes from a Bucket
Time & Location
About the Event
Taught by Trista Mrema
19-20:30h - Tuesdays
11 May - 01 June
After months of lockdown, we’re itching to get out, be free, meet up, act out. Join us In the Wild, the water is warm, even when the weather isn’t! When you think of it, the wild is the perfect setting for improvisation; both are best when natural, unadulterated and free from being controlled. In the wild, there’s more space for our imaginations to run free, our play to be inspired by our surroundings and our pee to be released in new and interesting places.
Can I get a suggestion of a location, somewhere two people can meet, like a library or sauna? Improv is all about being influenced by the audience’s answers to the players’ questions. We use these ‘gets’ as inspiration for our games and scenes. This is where the improv magic happens.
We can ask for more than a location, relationship or activity. We can get meatier answers to meatier questions. What was your first/weirdest job? What physical trait do you share with a family member? What’s an embarrassing social situation? With the answers to these questions, we can start to move away from the sex worker-in a sauna-with a cheese grater scenes (or was that Cluedo?).
In this 4-week course we will:
- learn how to use suggestions very literally
- learn how to use suggestion abstractly, 3 doors down, 6 degrees removed
- be clear about our intentions and ideas so fellow players can contribute effectively
- be unclear about our intentions and ideas and reap the rewards of ‘mistakes’ made
- learn how to start scenes and discover how the get will make its influence
- be ok with not knowing and trust in yourself and fellow players
- play, play, play, play, play
This class is suitable for intermediate improvisation players, think easylaughs Improvisation Level 3 or higher. It’s also good for people who like to laugh, like to be laughed at and like to laugh with others.
We’ve been running outdoor sessions with small groups and it’s been a blast. Exercises and games are chosen so we can continue to be safe and have fun. We’ll keep a max of 8 people to make sure everyone gets a lot of playing time. Feel free to bring a drink and a snack for the after-workshop-hang!
If you’re used to Amsterdam weather, you know the drill, prepare for all types of weather. Our outside locations have covered spots nearby. Rain, sleet or snow won’t stop us, we are all-weather improvisers! Ok, well, if the trams stop running and things start flooding, the end is nigh, we’ll cancel.
Refund policy: If you cannot start this class:
- and you cancel up to one week before the start, you will receive a voucher in the amount you paid. The voucher can be applied to any of our services and is valid for 6 months.
- and you cancel less than one week before the class starts, your booking is non-refundable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of unforeseen circumstances.
easylaughs improv comedy classes in English language and in the Amsterdam great outdoors
- IN THE WILD-Scenes from Bucket€75BTW included€75BTW includedSold Out