IRL COURSE - Acting for Improv
Time & Location
About the Event
This 8-week course is designed to make you a better improv actor. We focus on character work, staging and scene structure using written scenes and monologues. We will learn how to create characters, form dramatic tension and use the stage effectively. This course is open to all improv levels.
In Acting for Improv you will:
- work on breathing and vocal exercises in each class
- do body and movement exercises in each class
- explore the use of stage, stage pictures and position on stage
- choose (or be assigned) a monologue to develop character work
- receive personal coaching and feedback
- be assigned a scene and a scene partner to learn about scene structure
- learn how a scene builds and changes with movement on stage
- explore position on stage as it pertains to character and relationship
- perform the monologues and scenes in your graduation show
Enjoy FREE easylaughs Friday shows* and Sunday workshops* for the duration of this course.
All classes are in English and in Amsterdam.
Taught by Nicole Mischler
19-21h - Thursdays - 24 Sep - 12 Nov
Graduation show - 13 Nov
*Please note: We offer free shows and workshops when available. We are currently limited to the amount of people we can accommodate due to COVID-19 restrictions. We are also subject to show and/or workshop cancellations due to COVID-19.
- IRL COURSE - Acting for Improv€231.40+€48.59 BTW€231.40+€48.59 BTW0€0