IRL COURSE - Improvisation Level 4
Time & Location
About the Event
Taught by Janette Warburton
19-21h - Tuesdays
10 Nov - 15 Dec - HOLIDAY BREAK - 05 Jan - 12 Jan
Graduation show - 15 Jan
Humans are good at telling stories, we've been doing it for AGES, it's in our DNA. The story teaches us about the people and world around, helps us make sense of it all. We can find a story in our books, movies, songs, news, Ted Talks, tweets, feeds, Tinder profiles and drunken Whatsapps. In this course, we will pay homage to the story through the lens of improvisation. Once upon a time there was an improviser who wanted to focus on storytelling. And one day, that improviser signed up for Improvisation Level 4. And then the improviser told stories happily ever after.
In Improvisation Level 4 you will:
- learn the importance of storytelling in improvisation
- explore thematic forms, genres and devices used to create story-based games and scenes
- examine the relationship between stories and improv scene structure
- work as a team to clearly define the beginning, middle and end of a story
- learn to use time jumps, split screens and various editing styles to tell more compelling stories
- learn how to let your stories organically develop after building a good foundation
- learn how to listen better to see what the story needs, where it wants to go
- learn to be more playful with your storytelling
The story doesn't end there! Your graduation performance will showcase all the storytelling skills you learned over the 8 weeks. Friends and family will be stunned, they'll think it's all scripted. You'll know it's all improv ;-)
easylaughs improv comedy course in Amsterdam and in English.
*Please note: We offer free shows and workshops when available. We are currently limited to the amount of people we can accommodate due to COVID-19 restrictions. We are also subject to show and/or workshop cancellations due to COVID-19.
- IRL COURSE - Improv Level 4€250BTW included€250BTW included0€0