IRL COURSE - Stand-up Comedy - Beginners
Time & Location
About the Event
Your friends tell you you're funny. You have a particular viewpoint that you want to share with the world and/or 50 people. Netflix keeps recommending stand-up specials. You want to face your fears and dare yourself to try something new. Your partner needs you to find another outlet for your witty puns. Your presentation skills could use some sharpening. YOU think you're funny. Well, well, well, you have arrived at your destination: Stand-up Comedy - Beginners, no experience necessary!
A 2-hr class starts with fun improvisation exercises to get us in a silly, loose mood. We move on to stand-up writing exercises aimed at material generation, joke structure, storytelling, delivery, premise or point of view. In the last part of class, we perform the stand-up sets we have lovingly worked hard on.
In Stand-up Comedy - Beginners you will:
- create and perform your own 5-min stand-up comedy routine
- learn the skills stand-up comedians utilise while developing your own persona, style and material
- learn how to speak confidently in front of an audience
- discover tips and tricks to generate new material
- use improvisation to brainstorm punchlines
- work in a safe, 'writer's group' atmosphere where trust and honesty are key
- understand how to give and receive feedback that helps develop your stand-up routine
- get better at memorizing, practicing and performing your stand-up routine
- carefully craft, shape and mold your stand-up routine until it's ready for the stage
An easylaughs course would not be complete without a graduation show at the end of the 8 weeks. You will dazzle friends and family with a polished 5-min stand-up routine!
Taught by Trista Mrema
19-21h - Tuesdays - 15 Sep - 03 Nov
Graduation show - 06 Nov
- Sold OutCOURSE - STAND-UP - BEGINNERS€231.40+€48.59 BTW€231.40+€48.59 BTW0€0