Tue, 24 Nov|
VIRTUAL COURSE - Punchline First
Backwards is the new forwards. Let's enter storytelling punchline first!
Time & Location
24 Nov 2020, 19:00 CET – 15 Dec 2020, 21:00 CET
About the Event
Taught by Trista Mrema
19-21h - Tuesdays
24 Nov - 15 Dec
Get to the funny!
The punchline is the funniest bit, the climax, the end of a joke. In Punchline First, we'll start at the end and work our way back to the beginning through storytelling. We all know how to tell stories, but, do we know how to tell concise, engaging, funny stories that reveal our character, our point of view?
What's the funniest thing that ever happened to you? How did that story end?
'...I almost got eaten by a French dog.' Ok, we know the French dog was there, but who else was involved? Where did this take place? What were the events that lead to the 'eating'? And, how did you feel at every step?
We'll use elements of story and stand-up techniques to craft and perform the stories of our lives: humours, eye-opening, personal. If you have a life, this class is for you. New to storytelling, to comedy AND you have a life? This class is for you.
We'll start each 2-hr online session with improv games and exercises to loosen up the creative juices. Then we'll review existing material and analyze the techniques used. We'll wrap up class by applying these tips and tricks to our own material.
In Punchline First you will:
- learn how to be economical with words, precise with word choice
- practice playing with pacing, tone, emphasis to get your point across
- understand how your body, posture and gestures help tell a story
- reveal your unique, honest, particular point of view
- give and receive valuable and constructive feedback
- sharpen your storytelling tools
- use elements of stand-up comedy to deliver the funny
- laugh and be laughed at
easylaughs improv comedy classes in English and online
VIRTUAL COURSE-Punchline First€130.00Tax: BTW included