Sat, 08 Apr|
WORKSHOP - Improvised Rap Intensive
Free your mind. It's time to level up!
Time & Location
08 Apr, 14:00 – 15 Apr, 17:00
Q-factory, Atlantisplein 1, 1093 NE Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Event
Improvised Rap (aka freestyle) is both an incredibly fun way to be creative and a great way to develop spontaneity and a calm, present mind. Whether you're interested in rap for performance or just want a new way to boost your mindfulness for improv, learn how to leave doubt behind and let your creativity flow.
This workshop will teach exercises and techniques that will immediately have you creating unplanned rap verses, developing your own style, and culminates in performing the set pieces used by professional freestylers, all in a joyful and supportive environment.
The 3-hour (14-17h) workshops take place over two Saturdays, 08 & 15 April, giving participants space to practice and develop on key points during the week between. You may find yourself gravitating towards a particular style and it's good to have that time to grow into it or take on a challenge of doing something utterly different.
Between the two workshops and week of space for development you will:
• Gain the confidence to rap about anything, any time.
• Learn some simple tricks and tactics to increase your comfort zone and be more creative.
• Look at technical aspects of rhyme and assonnance as they apply to rap lyrics. It's both more complex and far simpler than you think.
• Find a personal groove. Hip hop is about self-expression: what does YOUR voice sound like?
• Look at exciting ways to stage rap performance- create that physical hype to support your (stage partners') wordplay.
About the Instructor:
Lee Apsey has been performing and teaching across Europe and Asia for 8 years since coming into improv from a background in screenwriting and film production. He is a co-founder of CSI: Crime Scene Improvisation: a five star show that has consistently sold out the Edinburgh Fringe, Brighton Fringe and its London home at the Museum of Comedy for over half a decade. He is also the co-director of timeline-hopping musical Multiverse and performs as part of live hip hop show Slice of Rhyme.
Improvised Rap Intensive
Donate to easylaughs
Pay what you want
Donate to easylaughs and help us help people discover improv! 100% of your donation will go the easylaughs Scholarship program
Pay what you want0